SigmaPoint Technologies Inc. is an Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) partner focused on delivering complete end-to-end manufacturing solutions to technology companies. Our service offerings include innovative product design and engineering, test solutions, manufacturing, logistics and post-manufacturing repair/warranty services. With an impressive customer base and world-class lean manufacturing services, SigmaPoint continues to grow as leader in the EMS industry and as such, are actively looking to for a Product Engineer.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will use effective communication, tact and diplomacy while continuously pushing for results, improvements and efficiency. The Product Engineer will act as the primary technical interface with internal and external product customers. Work with customers design team to ensure DFx (Manufacturing, Testing, Quality, Logistics, Lean and 6 Sigma) requirements are followed on all new designs. In addition, lead NPI meetings review during Pre-production and Production Phases. Interface with customers, process, test, quality & components engineering to solve technical problems. Organize and prioritize efforts to correct all issues. Identify new processes that are required or would benefit new and existing products. Prepare manufacturing instructions and related work methods and standard times. Help sustain products with cost reduction and yield improvement efforts. Set out the sequence of operations required for assembling a product (defining the routing). Identify parameters required for monitoring for SPC and data collection. Identify, coordinate and implement process cost improvements. Identify any unique or special training requirements for production personnel.
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Lead New Product Introduction during Pre-production and Production Phases
- Interface with production on all activities associated with new process implementation and transfer
- Assist Business Development Team in developing, preparing and delivering customer presentations on new technologies
- Analyze and document results of process evaluations and prepare technical reports.
- Assist in the development of training and providing training to production personnel during new technology transfer.
- Ability to adapt to conflicting deadlines and priorities established by company demands; and establish goals and objectives for this position, direct reports, and the function.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, provide leadership, and take initiative under minimal supervision.
- Use good problem solving and project management skills to work with engineering staffs to solve the wide array of technical product problems
- Organize technical problem solving strategies clearly and present them effectively to all concerned parties
- Effective communication skills, (English and French) verbal and written, in order to research, prepare and present information to Management, as well as effective communication skills with co-workers, staff and customers.
- BS in Electrical/Electronic Engineering (or 5+ yrs work experience in mechanical and/or electrical products in a manufacturing environment)
- Strong self motivation and goal setting with minimal input.
- Strong documenting and communications skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required and must be proficient at organizing information in spreadsheet form
- Ability to conceptualize and understand technical reports, data, drawings, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at a time
- Advanced skills in Excel; basic skills in other Microsoft Office programs, including e-mail and Word
- Able to work with a high level of accuracy
- Professional attitude and demeanor; problem-solving and prioritization skills
- Must be able to meet timely objectives
- Ability to work independently, with proven team building & leadership skills
- A demonstrated high level of initiative, attention to detail and accuracy
Interested candidates should forward both cover letter and resume to:
Paula Fontaine, CHRP
Director of Human Resources
SigmaPoint Technologies Inc.
2880 Marleau Avenue
Cornwall, Ontario K6H 6B5
by email using the “Apply” link below.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those under consideration will be contacted. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, SigmaPoint is pleased to accommodate individual needs of applicants with disabilities within the recruitment and selection process. Please call 613-937-4462 or email using the “Apply” link below if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.Apply
At SigmaPoint, if you want to learn, we can teach ! Our in-house training programs with our Senior Operators allows all new hires to learn at their own pace.
If you like to knit, crotchet, needlepoint, build model cars or airplanes, then maybe learning to hand solder is for you.
If you’re a gamer, you’ll make an excellent AOI Operator (Inspector)!
Do you enjoy working on your car/mechanically inclined, then operating our machines is for you! We’ll call you a SMT Operator.
Are you a person who loves to multi-task, have a great memory for numbers with a great attention to detail, then learning to work in Setup or Stores is for you!
No matter what your previous work experience has given you, chances are we have a spot for you!
If you’re willing to learn, love change and like to work with a great group of dedicated people, then send us your resume, we’d love to get to know you better!
Days: 7:00 am to 3:00 pm
Evenings: 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm
Nights: 11:00 pm to 07:00 am
(lunches & breaks are paid)
Health & Dental
Long Term Disability Benefits
Health & Safety Committee
SigmaPoint is a fast growing electronic contract manufacturing company meeting the demands of the high-tech original equipment manufacturing industry. We are actively looking to fill the following position: Day Shift Production Supervisor
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor will lead a team of highly motivated Production Associates in the manufacturing of complex Electronic Assemblies in a hi-tech lean manufacturing environment.
- Organizes the workforce for optimum performance of quality, line uptime, efficiency and productivity.
- Participates in problem solving sessions with Production Associates to resolve issues related to quality, line uptime, efficiency and productivity.
- Documents, reports and makes aware of, issues related to material, engineering, production, and process issues that impact line efficiency and downtime.
- Monitors and reports on Overall Equipment Efficiency and leads Problem Solving Teams to resolve.
- Participates in Kaizen problem solving sessions to optimize manufacturing efficiency and uptime.
- Evaluates Associate performance and makes recommendations for optimal placement based on current skill set and recommendation for skill enhancement training.
- Is familiar with current Health and Safety Legislation and carries out duties in a manner that ensures the manufacturing environment provides a safe work environment.
- Several years experience as a Production Supervisor in a fast pace manufacturing environment.
- Exceptional people and problem solving skills
- Previous Lean Manufacturing experience is an asset.
- Post Secondary Education in Business / Managerial
- 3-5 years experience working in Electronic Manufacturing
- Excellent computer skills, Microsoft Office & Excel
SigmaPoint prides itself as being an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those under consideration will be contacted.
Direct report to: Test Engineering Manager
The successful candidate will have a strong desire to learn and apply new concepts to real business problems effectively. Use effective communication, tact and diplomacy to facilitate the collaboration of multiple departments to achieve the objectives of two projects.
A Customer Focused Person who will be consistently engaged in seeking ways to eliminate waste, improve processes and helping us to meet our commitments.
- Perform debugging of complex Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCBAs) using standard troubleshooting equipment (Oscilloscope, Multimeter, Spectrum Analyzer …etc)
- Provide day-to-day technical support on assigned test platforms to sustain availability for manufacturing testing.
- Ability to read and understand schematics and mechanical drawings
- Perform routine preventative maintenance (PMs) on test equipment.
- Perform data analysis to report test trends of yields, failures and other test data.
- Collaborate closely with Production, Product Engineering teams to address manufacturing issues and ensure overall product quality sustains the target test yield.
- Perform root cause analysis to drive resolution of product manufacturing or test platform issues.
- Perform systematic analysis of test failures and use findings to adjust test specifications, validated and documented.
- Collaborate with other departmental teams to support manufacturing projects when required.
- Perform Production Testing activities when required to achieve global business objectives.
- Provides general support to the manufacturing team.
- Prepare reports and presentations for internal and external customers.
- Perform requirements and specifications analysis to generate a Statement of Work from customers’ test solution requirements.
- Proactively communicate with internal and external customers on the status of any test obstacles being resolved, in a timely manner.
- Support other business engineering activities.
- Proactiveness and driven to take ownership of problems.
- Electronics/Electrical Engineering Graduate or Technologist or equivalent.
- Advanced computer skills (especially Excel). Strong report generating and data analysis skills.
- Strong people skills. Ability to work well with others in a high performance team environment
- A continuous learner, willing to learn other skills like software programming
We’re always looking for talented
people in these areas.
- Electronic Technicians/Technologists
- Project Management
- Material Control
- Production Assembly
- SMT Operators
- Hand Solderers
- Through Hole
- Information Systems
- Document Control
- Quality Assurance
- Administrative and Financial
Please send your resume to
Work-life balance is important for maintaining a productive environment. That’s why we offer confidential counseling, training programs, and various insurance options to all employees.
SigmaPoint’s Culture is at the root of our business. We are an inclusive workforce, looking for people who are passionate about what they do because work should be both rewarding and fun. The Company’s Values: Respect for Every Person, Honesty & Integrity, Teamwork & Commitment is the foundation for everything. Our diverse work force and the atmosphere of continuous improvement helps us to keep an active and engaged population of committed individuals.
Training is vital to keeping our workforce skilled and up-to-date. We start each new employee off with a 2-day orientation program, designed to help them integrate into their new work environment. The job training takes place over a 4-6 week period with the new employee being mentored through a buddy-system. We boast of three in house certified IPC-610 trainers and provide IPC-610 training to our workforce, as needed. To make sure we comply with all health & safety regulations, we do an extensive yearly training with all production & staff employees. Since we are a Lean Manufacturer, employees participate in an inactive game that explores the theory of Lean in a fun hands-on manner. We have a group of First-Aiders, Health & Safety Committee, TDG, Lift & Reach Truck drivers & Aerial Platform workers – all receiving specialized training. Cross-training is an integral part of our culture so we encourage all our staff to take an active part in their growth potential and learn other jobs within their value stream. So training never really stops and neither is their learning.
Our Group Health Benefit plans provide for health, dental, vision and long term disability coverage. Also included is other typical services such as chiropractic, massage & physio therapy. It’s important that we take care of our most valuable resources: Our People!