The Production Manager of New Product Introductions will lead cross functional teams in bringing concepts from Engineering to Manufacturing and ultimately the Market. Report to the Vice President, Production Manager will form core teams from various departments, confirm scope & expectations, develop plans and control through launch execution and post launch reviews. The Production Manager will develop and track Time, Cost and Quality against original agreements.
- Provide leadership and management for product development projects, directing teams and managing stakeholder expectations.
- Responsible for production execution including planning, resourcing, and delivery to schedule.
- Facilitate and manage the delivery of the production schedule.
- Promote and develop excellent project management throughout the organization
- Balance best practice with reason and technical understanding for optimal execution
- Provide regular status reports to the VP of Operations and Senior Leadership Team
- Manage multiple projects concurrently, driving risk mitigation and recovery plans
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations are met
- Determining quality control standards
- Overseeing production processes
- Re-negotiating timescales or schedules as necessary
- Liaising with buyers and marketing and sales staff
- Supervising the work of junior staff
- Organising relevant training sessions
- Human Resources Management, Performance Reviews, and provide coaching to staff when necessary
- Provide Coaching to staff via Problem solving techniques.
Requirements for Position:
- Bachelor or Technologist Electronic/Electrical Degree Required, PMP preferred, technical breadth an asset
- 2 years minimum broad professional experience
- 1 year in a cross functional project management capacity bringing new products to market, stage gate new product introduction preferable.
- Proven combination of project management skills and technology expertise.
- Demonstrated application and use of project management techniques and tools, such as SWOT analysis, Gantt Charts, and Risk Management plans.
- Positive attitude, driven, persistent, and results-oriented with the ability to influence without direct authority
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate with and present to all levels in a global organization
- Excellent conflict resolution, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project skills
This position is for a VS1 Mechanical Cell that will be specifically designed for Genetec
These 5 people will work together and be the Team to Support Genetec’s new product (Sharp X)
o Physical demands, lifting up to 35 lbs
o Standing and moving from Test and Mech will be required
o Mechanical Duties: vision testing, water (dunk) testing, & others as needed
o Able to read, interpret and follow documented procedures
o Organized, with attention to detail
o Be aware of and follow company ESD policies and procedures
o Must be willing to cross train to other line sections (Test and Mech)
Able to read, interpret and follow documented procedures
· A combination of skills and seniority will be used to select candidates.
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for continuous learning, enjoys a challenge and loves change. Experienced SMT Operators would be great too! Surface Mount Machine Operators are responsible for ensuring surface mount circuit card assemblies are manufactured in accordance with customer documentation & specifications and in compliance with workmanship standards. Current openings are on our Night Shift, Sunday to Thursday, 11:00 pm to 07:00 am Additionally, because we are governed by the Controlled Goods Act, all candidates must provide and pass a criminal record check.
- Electronic or Mechanical diploma preferred. Experience in SMT a definite asset.
- Ability to work independently, with proven team building & leadership skills. Must have a professional and mature attitude. An excellent apptitude for computers with the ability to work in fast paced, dynamic and multi-tasking environment.
- Applicants must be either a Canadian Citizen or have their Permanent Resident Card in order to comply with the Controlled Goods Program.
- SigmaPoint is an equal opportunity employer; however, only those applicants who meet our requirements will be contacted. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, SigmaPoint is pleased to accommodate individual needs of applicants with disabilities within the recruitment and selection process. Please call 613-937-4462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.
We are looking for people to work Evening and Night Shifts.
• Responsible for understanding and following ESD procedures
• Final Inspection, VMI inspection and PVO but not limited to
• Operation of area equipment, including but not limited to the scope
• Utilize Computer records: including but not limited to:
– Lotus Database
– Quality Plans
– Quality Work Instructions
– Standard Operating Procedures
• Daily monitoring based on Team Building for the improvement of the efficiency and quality on SMT assembly lines by:
– Providing feedback on previous builds
– Placement accuracy (Pre and Post)
– AOI accuracy (values, polarity). In case of non-conformance, report the issue and communicate to the team
• First Board Inspection using documentation, placement versus BOM, polarity, placement accuracy, solder ability, feedback retrospection and AOI approval
• On-line drawing & BOM marks ups
- Must have good computer skills using Microsoft Office, Excel, Word & Lotus Notes
- Ability to work independently, with proven team building & leadership skills
- A demonstrated high level of initiative, attention to detail and accuracy
- Professional, mature and a positive attitude
- Knowledge of IPC-610 standards for Thru-hole and SMT
- Able to read and interpret drawings, BOMs and other relevant documentation
- Able to identify various components, as well as their value and polarity
We’re always looking for talented
people in these areas.
- Electronic Technicians/Technologists
- Project Management
- Material Control
- Production Assembly
- SMT Operators
- Hand Solderers
- Through Hole
- Information Systems
- Document Control
- Quality Assurance
- Administrative and Financial
Please send your resume to
Work-life balance is important for maintaining a productive environment. That’s why we offer confidential counseling, training programs, and various insurance options to all employees.
SigmaPoint’s Culture is at the root of our business. We are an inclusive workforce, looking for people who are passionate about what they do because work should be both rewarding and fun. The Company’s Values: Respect for Every Person, Honesty & Integrity, Teamwork & Commitment is the foundation for everything. Our diverse work force and the atmosphere of continuous improvement helps us to keep an active and engaged population of committed individuals.
Training is vital to keeping our workforce skilled and up-to-date. We start each new employee off with a 2-day orientation program, designed to help them integrate into their new work environment. The job training takes place over a 4-6 week period with the new employee being mentored through a buddy-system. We boast of three in house certified IPC-610 trainers and provide IPC-610 training to our workforce, as needed. To make sure we comply with all health & safety regulations, we do an extensive yearly training with all production & staff employees. Since we are a Lean Manufacturer, employees participate in an inactive game that explores the theory of Lean in a fun hands-on manner. We have a group of First-Aiders, Health & Safety Committee, TDG, Lift & Reach Truck drivers & Aerial Platform workers – all receiving specialized training. Cross-training is an integral part of our culture so we encourage all our staff to take an active part in their growth potential and learn other jobs within their value stream. So training never really stops and neither is their learning.
Our Group Health Benefit plans provide for health, dental, vision and long term disability coverage. Also included is other typical services such as chiropractic, massage & physio therapy. It’s important that we take care of our most valuable resources: Our People!