· Analyze MRP and execute on all messages i.e; expedite, cancel, delay, past due etc
· Communicate requirements to Suppliers and analyze feedback
· Ensure that all PO’s are closed out accurately and resolve supplier invoice discrepancies with Finance
· Assist in the direction and execution of the VMI program for all parts procured through SigmaPoint
· Monitoring the score carding of bond, min/max and kanban levels
· Continual updating of comments for all exceptions (CTB)
· Monitoring of MOQ’s and MPQ’s that drive E&O
· Monitoring and action Supplier OTD
· Actively look at common part numbers between customers and suggest inventory transfers for E&O disposition
· Ensure the understanding of the parameters that drive program inventory investment
· Resolve receiving discrepancies with Suppliers within 15 days
· Resolve and disposition of MRB within 30 days
Engineering Change Execution:
· Respond to Engineering Changes immediately to avoid shortages, surplus or obsolescence
· Expediting of shortages
· Communicate shortages and parts issues
· Escalation of more severe shortages or part issues
· Active participation in CTB’s weekly and quarterly
· College/University Diploma and/or several years of relevant business experience within a contract manufacturing environment.
· Required experience should include familiarity in working to MRP/ERP requirements.
· Excellent prioritization and people skills are required as well as the ability to act in an independent and resourceful manner.
· Proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Suite products is a definite must.
· Ability to work effectively within a team environment is crucial.
· Working towards professional accreditation and PMAC Certification is an asset.
SigmaPoint is a fast growing electronic contract manufacturing company meeting the demands of the high-tech original equipment manufacturing industry. We are actively looking to fill the following position: Quality Engineering Specialist Reporting to the Quality Manager, the successful candidate will be creating a culture of success by implementing the quality systems, goals & objectives and KPI’s to drive the organization to quality excellence.
The Quality Engineering Specialist will indirectly and directly support all quality teammates from a functional expertise perspective across multiple sites and locations, globally. The Quality Engineering Specialist works closely with internal and external customers of the department.
Prepare detailed responses to customer or third party issued corrective actions. Coordinate with other departments to determine the root causes of findings as well as implementation of appropriate corrective actions.
- Track audit results and actions taken in regular basis; make follow-ups
- Coordinate with engineering, supply chain and other business areas to close internal Corrective Action (CARs) and Non-Conformance Material Reports (NCMRs) on time.
- Coordinate with engineering, supply chain and other business areas to close Assist SigmaPoint SOP owners to review, update and approve SOPs for their areas.
- Preparation of quality reports including Customer Complaints, Nonconformance Reports (NCMR’s), Return Material Authorization (RMA’s) and Corrective/Preventative Action Reports (CAR’s, PAR’s)
- Ability to build sustainable tools for KPI / metrics measurement.
- Use customer and internal metrics to create, lead, and/or implement improvements that drive customer satisfaction
- Communicate quality improvement plans and progress to internal and external customers.
- Facilitate the implementation of manufacturing process controls and variability reduction. Encourages the use of peer inspection and process controls to improve the efficiency of assembly and test functions
- Perform internal and customer quality audits to ensure compliance to customer requirements. Provides timely and accurate responses to surveys and audits.
- Conduct routine quality management tasks.
- Setup incoming inspection plans, manufacturing inspection plans and finished goods inspection plan.
- Responsible for the writing, and where applicable review of Standard Operating Procedures and other documentation required for the Quality Management System.
- Assist in auditing vendor and internal quality systems to ensure compliance with company and ISO standards. Place of work. The main office is located in Cornwall, Ontario. However, the position may require occasional travel to Kitchener, Ontario.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- University Engineering Degree in Quality, Manufacturing or equivalent
- 3 year experience in ISO9001 certified manufacturing facility.
- Excellent data analysis skills, using Excel, Minitab, SigmaXL, R, Mathlab or equivalent tools
- Advanced User of Microsoft Excel (e.g. Macros, Array formulas, pivot charts etc.)
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and have a thorough understanding of quality and improvement tools.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrate effective interpersonal skills at all levels of the customer and organization.
- A demonstrated high level of initiative, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or a permanent resident.
- Experience in using Lotus Notes a strong asset.
- Experience in an ISO13485 compliant facility an asset.
- Certification as an IPC-A-600, IPC-A-610 or IPC-A-620 CIT an asset.
- Familiarity with SixSigma / Lean Concepts a plus.
- Experience using Aegis FactoryLogix and Microsoft Dynamics 365 a plus.
Description: We are looking for individuals who have a passion for continuous learning, enjoys a challenge and loves change. Experienced SMT Operators would be great too! Surface Mount Machine Operators are responsible for ensuring surface mount circuit card assemblies are manufactured in accordance with customer documentation & specifications and in compliance with workmanship standards. Current openings are on our Night Shift, Sunday to Thursday, 11:00 pm to 07:00 am Additionally, because we are governed by the Controlled Goods Act, all candidates must provide and pass a criminal record check.
- Electronic or Mechanical diploma preferred. Experience in SMT a definite asset.
- Ability to work independently, with proven team building & leadership skills. Must have a professional and mature attitude. An excellent apptitude for computers with the ability to work in fast paced, dynamic and multi-tasking environment.
- Applicants must be either a Canadian Citizen or have their Permanent Resident Card in order to comply with the Controlled Goods Program.
- SigmaPoint is an equal opportunity employer; however, only those applicants who meet our requirements will be contacted. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, SigmaPoint is pleased to accommodate individual needs of applicants with disabilities within the recruitment and selection process. Please call 613-937-4462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.
We’re always looking for talented
people in these areas.
- Electronic Technicians/Technologists
- Project Management
- Material Control
- Production Assembly
- SMT Operators
- Hand Solderers
- Through Hole
- Information Systems
- Document Control
- Quality Assurance
- Administrative and Financial
Please send your resume to
Work-life balance is important for maintaining a productive environment. That’s why we offer confidential counseling, training programs, and various insurance options to all employees.
SigmaPoint’s Culture is at the root of our business. We are an inclusive workforce, looking for people who are passionate about what they do because work should be both rewarding and fun. The Company’s Values: Respect for Every Person, Honesty & Integrity, Teamwork & Commitment is the foundation for everything. Our diverse work force and the atmosphere of continuous improvement helps us to keep an active and engaged population of committed individuals.
Training is vital to keeping our workforce skilled and up-to-date. We start each new employee off with a 2-day orientation program, designed to help them integrate into their new work environment. The job training takes place over a 4-6 week period with the new employee being mentored through a buddy-system. We boast of three in house certified IPC-610 trainers and provide IPC-610 training to our workforce, as needed. To make sure we comply with all health & safety regulations, we do an extensive yearly training with all production & staff employees. Since we are a Lean Manufacturer, employees participate in an inactive game that explores the theory of Lean in a fun hands-on manner. We have a group of First-Aiders, Health & Safety Committee, TDG, Lift & Reach Truck drivers & Aerial Platform workers – all receiving specialized training. Cross-training is an integral part of our culture so we encourage all our staff to take an active part in their growth potential and learn other jobs within their value stream. So training never really stops and neither is their learning.
Our Group Health Benefit plans provide for health, dental, vision and long term disability coverage. Also included is other typical services such as chiropractic, massage & physio therapy. It’s important that we take care of our most valuable resources: Our People!