SigmaPoint Technologies Inc. is an Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) partner focused on delivering complete end-to-end manufacturing solutions to technology companies. Our service offerings include innovative product design and engineering, test solutions, manufacturing, logistics and post-manufacturing repair/warranty services. With an impressive customer base and world-class lean manufacturing services, SigmaPoint continues to grow as leader in the EMS industry and as such, are actively looking to for a Training Coordinator.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the successful candidate will use effective communication, tact and diplomacy while continuously pushing for the best results. This key member of the Human Resources Team will have overall responsibility for planning, organizing, coordinating and often delivering the training required to maintain a functional workforce.
- Participates and conducts company training programs in area of expertise
- Assists Managers in identifying skill gaps and makes recommendations
- Maintains database for all training to ensure we meet ISO requirements
- Designs, develops and delivers new employee orientation programs
- Designs, develops and delivers yearly training, Legislative and ISO required
- Develops training packages with the help of SME’s
- Responsible for coordinating on-the-job training
- Supports and participates in all aspects of the recruitment process
- Conducts pre-job assessments & testing
- Must have a post-secondary diploma in Human Resources or in Education (EA)
- Technical writing and Project Management experience is an asset
- Must be able to be pass security level clearance to become the Designated Official for Controlled Goods of Canada & Transport Canada (Level 3 Security Clearance)
- Strong self motivation and goal setting with minimal input.
- Strong documenting and communications skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required and must be proficient at organizing information in spreadsheet form
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at a time
- Advanced skills in Excel (including Macros and pivot tables), basic skills in other Microsoft Office programs, including e-mail and Word
- Able to work with a high level of accuracy
- Professional attitude and demeanor;
- Problem-solving and prioritization skills
- A demonstrated high level of initiative, attention to detail and accuracy
This will be a dynamic role, looking for individuals who are creative, open to change, willing to challenge the status quo. People who thrive in a changing environment and are currently cross trained in several different positions.
• Must have previous HS experience
– Able to read, interpret and follow documented procedures
– Organized, with attention to detail
– Be aware of and follow company ESD policies and procedures
-Must be willing to cross train to other line sections (SMT Operator/PLR/Xray, Setup)
• Promote the Company values: Respect for every person, Honesty & Integrity, Commitment to Customer Satisfaction
• Participate in troubleshooting and process improvement teams
• Ensure that good quality product is being shipped to the customer
• BGA Repair ( will be trained to)
• Pad and Track ( will be trained to)
• IPC trained
• Able to solder under a scope
• Able to read, interpret and follow documented procedures
• Able to work independently
• Organized, with attention to detail
• Able to recognize an acceptable solder joint
• Able to sit/stand for extended periods of time
• Keep an open minded approach to continuous improvement
• Need to embrace change in the process.
• Must be willing to cross train to other line sections ( SMT Operator/PLR/Xray, Setup)
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for continuous learning, enjoys a challenge and loves change. Experienced SMT Operators would be great too! Surface Mount Machine Operators are responsible for ensuring surface mount circuit card assemblies are manufactured in accordance with customer documentation & specifications and in compliance with workmanship standards. Current openings are on our Night Shift, Sunday to Thursday, 11:00 pm to 07:00 am Additionally, because we are governed by the Controlled Goods Act, all candidates must provide and pass a criminal record check.
- Electronic or Mechanical diploma preferred. Experience in SMT a definite asset.
- Ability to work independently, with proven team building & leadership skills. Must have a professional and mature attitude. An excellent apptitude for computers with the ability to work in fast paced, dynamic and multi-tasking environment.
- Applicants must be either a Canadian Citizen or have their Permanent Resident Card in order to comply with the Controlled Goods Program.
- SigmaPoint is an equal opportunity employer; however, only those applicants who meet our requirements will be contacted. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, SigmaPoint is pleased to accommodate individual needs of applicants with disabilities within the recruitment and selection process. Please call 613-937-4462 or email email@example.com if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.
We are looking for people to work Evening and Night Shifts.
• Responsible for understanding and following ESD procedures
• Final Inspection, VMI inspection and PVO but not limited to
• Operation of area equipment, including but not limited to the scope
• Utilize Computer records: including but not limited to:
– Lotus Database
– Quality Plans
– Quality Work Instructions
– Standard Operating Procedures
• Daily monitoring based on Team Building for the improvement of the efficiency and quality on SMT assembly lines by:
– Providing feedback on previous builds
– Placement accuracy (Pre and Post)
– AOI accuracy (values, polarity). In case of non-conformance, report the issue and communicate to the team
• First Board Inspection using documentation, placement versus BOM, polarity, placement accuracy, solder ability, feedback retrospection and AOI approval
• On-line drawing & BOM marks ups
- Must have good computer skills using Microsoft Office, Excel, Word & Lotus Notes
- Ability to work independently, with proven team building & leadership skills
- A demonstrated high level of initiative, attention to detail and accuracy
- Professional, mature and a positive attitude
- Knowledge of IPC-610 standards for Thru-hole and SMT
- Able to read and interpret drawings, BOMs and other relevant documentation
- Able to identify various components, as well as their value and polarity
We’re always looking for talented
people in these areas.
- Electronic Technicians/Technologists
- Project Management
- Material Control
- Production Assembly
- SMT Operators
- Hand Solderers
- Through Hole
- Information Systems
- Document Control
- Quality Assurance
- Administrative and Financial
Please send your resume to
Work-life balance is important for maintaining a productive environment. That’s why we offer confidential counseling, training programs, and various insurance options to all employees.
SigmaPoint’s Culture is at the root of our business. We are an inclusive workforce, looking for people who are passionate about what they do because work should be both rewarding and fun. The Company’s Values: Respect for Every Person, Honesty & Integrity, Teamwork & Commitment is the foundation for everything. Our diverse work force and the atmosphere of continuous improvement helps us to keep an active and engaged population of committed individuals.
Training is vital to keeping our workforce skilled and up-to-date. We start each new employee off with a 2-day orientation program, designed to help them integrate into their new work environment. The job training takes place over a 4-6 week period with the new employee being mentored through a buddy-system. We boast of three in house certified IPC-610 trainers and provide IPC-610 training to our workforce, as needed. To make sure we comply with all health & safety regulations, we do an extensive yearly training with all production & staff employees. Since we are a Lean Manufacturer, employees participate in an inactive game that explores the theory of Lean in a fun hands-on manner. We have a group of First-Aiders, Health & Safety Committee, TDG, Lift & Reach Truck drivers & Aerial Platform workers – all receiving specialized training. Cross-training is an integral part of our culture so we encourage all our staff to take an active part in their growth potential and learn other jobs within their value stream. So training never really stops and neither is their learning.
Our Group Health Benefit plans provide for health, dental, vision and long term disability coverage. Also included is other typical services such as chiropractic, massage & physio therapy. It’s important that we take care of our most valuable resources: Our People!