At SigmaPoint, if you want to learn, we can teach ! Our in-house training programs with our Senior Operators allows all new hires to learn at their own pace.
If you like to knit, crotchet, needlepoint, build model cars or airplanes, then maybe learning to hand solder is for you.
If you’re a gamer, you’ll make an excellent AOI Operator (Inspector)!
Do you enjoy working on your car/mechanically inclined, then operating our machines is for you! We’ll call you a SMT Operator.
Are you a person who loves to multi-task, have a great memory for numbers with a great attention to detail, then learning to work in Setup or Stores is for you!
No matter what your previous work experience has given you, chances are we have a spot for you!
If you’re willing to learn, love change and like to work with a great group of dedicated people, then send us your resume, we’d love to get to know you better!
Days: 7:00 am to 3:00 pm
Evenings: 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm
Nights: 11:00 pm to 07:00 am
(lunches & breaks are paid)
Health & Dental
Long Term Disability Benefits
Health & Safety Committee
Direct report to: Test Engineering Manager
The successful candidate will have a strong desire to learn and apply new concepts to real business problems effectively. Use effective communication, tact and diplomacy to facilitate the collaboration of multiple departments to achieve the objectives of two projects.
A Customer Focused Person who will be consistently engaged in seeking ways to eliminate waste, improve processes and helping us to meet our commitments.
- Collaborate with Production teams to execute capacity plans to support Production throughput.
- Support customer(s) on-site, attend meetings at their facility for training or during commissioning of new test solutions.
- Perform, document and close customers’ Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) on test solutions in coordination with Engineering and Production teams.
- Proactively communicate with internal and external customers on the status of any test obstacles being resolved, in a timely manner.
- Commission new test solutions for Production.
- Facilitate continuous improvement to improve efficiency and quality throughput.
- Collaborate with Production teams to execute capacity plans to support Production throughput.
- Escalate roadblocks and trends to the appropriate teams, manager and customer(s) for support.
- Ensure Production support activities driven by customers are aligned to Production priorities.
- Sense of urgency to perform activities and deliver on responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Cross-training to support other customers’ portfolio within the team.
- Perform debugging of complex Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCBAs) using standard troubleshooting equipment (Oscilloscope, Multimeter, Spectrum Analyzer …etc)
- Ability to read and understand datasheets, schematics, mechanical drawings and Bill of Materials (BoM) is essential.
- Take ownership of all direct and indirect process issues affecting quality of customer products.
- Perform root cause analysis into quality defect trends, design & perform experiments and action resolution directly or through escalation—in a timely manner.
- Perform root cause analysis (using fishbone or 8D frameworks) to drive resolution of product manufacturing or test platform issues.
- Manage Procedures to ensure they are up-to-date and request changes when needed or create new ones when required, towards audit compliance and as part of continuous improvement.
- Flexible to support business needs during normal office hours and after office hours as required.
- Close actions necessary to improve low test yields, repeat failures, and test issues.
- Provide day-to-day technical support on assigned test platforms to sustain 98% availability for manufacturing testing activities.
- Perform statistical analysis (Cp-cpk) on test results to establish test performance distribution.
- Development of automated scripts for light-weight automation applications.
- Proactive in mitigating sources of defects/bottlenecks in production testing by performing Preventive Maintenance of test assets, identifying and leading the resolution of root causes of defects to deliver test yields ³ 95%.
- Technical lead on New Test Introduction (NTI) process for new solutions and products, working with customers, Product Engineering, Lean team, Facilities and other departments to commission new test solutions within 3 business days.
- Identify skills/knowledge gaps and request for training.
- Perform routine calibration and preventative maintenance (PMs) on test equipment.
- Communicate ALL unplanned test solutions down-time events and recovery actions taken to Asset Management team.
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Write root cause analysis reports to facilitate continuous improvement based on ‘lessons-learnt’.
- Write formal reports to present test performance, yields and RCA to external customers.
- Perform systematic analysis of test failures and use findings to advise internal & external customer(s) of necessary recovery actions required.
- Generate documentation for New Test Introduction
- Daily update of time trackers (used to support bids).
- Attend team meetings.
- Attend daily Production huddles to gain awareness of daily Production priorities.
- Perform Production Testing activities when required to achieve global business objectives.
- A continuous learner, willing to learn other skills like software programming.
- Strong people skills. Ability to work well in a high performance, fast-paced, team environment.
- 2 years+ experience working in a technical electronics support role.
- Ability to debug products at the component level with DMM & various test tools / equipment
- Electronics Engineering Technologist or Graduate or equivalent.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel Power point (needed to generate and present reports), and Valor.
- Strong and developing report writing, data analysis and presentation skills.
- Current enrolment in an Electronic/Mechatronics Engineering program (preferably in Year 2 or 3).
- Experience and willingness to communicate information clearly (presentations or other methods)
- Special preference will be given to those who have an engineering mindset/experience.
In any two of the following areas:
- Knowledge of RF circuits.
- Knowledge of JTAG Boundary scan test development.
- In Circuit Test platform (ICT) skills will be an asset.
- Experience with Thermal test chamber operation.
- Experience with Flying Probe testing.
- Familiarity with IoT products (e.g. Arduinos, Raspberry Pi).
- CAD software.
- Software programming in C#, C++, NI TestStand, LabVIEW or Python.
SigmaPoint is a fast growing electronic contract manufacturing company meeting the demands of the high-tech original equipment manufacturing industry. We are actively looking to fill the Quality Engineer position reporting to the Quality Manager. Successful candidate will Possess strong problem-solving skills, have a thorough understanding of quality and improvement tools, excellent communication skills and will consistently demonstrate high level of initiative, attention to detail and accuracy.
The Quality Engineer will support all quality teammates from a functional expertise perspective across multiple sites and locations, globally. The Quality Engineering Specialist works closely with internal and external customers of the department.
This role is based in Cornwall, Ontario and requires occasional travel to our Kitchener, Ontario facility as well as suppliers and customers.
- Coordinate with engineering, supply chain and other business areas to close internal Corrective Action (CARs) and Non-Conformance Material Reports (NCMRs) on time.
- Track audit results and actions taken in regular basis; make follow-ups
- Preparation of detailed responses (reports) to customer or third party issued corrective actions including Customer Complaints, Nonconformance Reports (NCMR’s), Return Material Authorization (RMA’s) and Corrective/Preventative Action Reports (CAR’s, PAR’s)
- Ability to build sustainable tools for KPI / metrics measurement.
- Use customer and internal metrics to create, lead, and/or implement improvements that drive customer satisfaction
Communicate quality improvement plans and progress to internal and external customers.
- Perform internal and customer quality audits to ensure compliance to customer requirements. Provides timely and accurate responses to surveys and audits.
- Setup incoming inspection test plans and assist product engineers with manufacturing inspection plans and finished goods inspection plan.
- Responsible for the writing, and where applicable review of Standard Operating Procedures and other documentation required for the Quality Management System.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- University Engineering Degree in Quality, Manufacturing or equivalent program (Math, Statistics etc.)
- 1 year experience in ISO9001 certified electronic manufacturing or quality.
- Advanced User of Microsoft Excel (e.g. Macros, Array formulas, pivot charts etc.)
- Excellent data analysis skills, using Minitab, SigmaXL, R, Mathlab or equivalent tools
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or a permanent resident.
We’re always looking for talented
people in these areas.
- Electronic Technicians/Technologists
- Project Management
- Material Control
- Production Assembly
- SMT Operators
- Hand Solderers
- Through Hole
- Information Systems
- Document Control
- Quality Assurance
- Administrative and Financial
Please send your resume to
Work-life balance is important for maintaining a productive environment. That’s why we offer confidential counseling, training programs, and various insurance options to all employees.
SigmaPoint’s Culture is at the root of our business. We are an inclusive workforce, looking for people who are passionate about what they do because work should be both rewarding and fun. The Company’s Values: Respect for Every Person, Honesty & Integrity, Teamwork & Commitment is the foundation for everything. Our diverse work force and the atmosphere of continuous improvement helps us to keep an active and engaged population of committed individuals.
Training is vital to keeping our workforce skilled and up-to-date. We start each new employee off with a 2-day orientation program, designed to help them integrate into their new work environment. The job training takes place over a 4-6 week period with the new employee being mentored through a buddy-system. We boast of three in house certified IPC-610 trainers and provide IPC-610 training to our workforce, as needed. To make sure we comply with all health & safety regulations, we do an extensive yearly training with all production & staff employees. Since we are a Lean Manufacturer, employees participate in an inactive game that explores the theory of Lean in a fun hands-on manner. We have a group of First-Aiders, Health & Safety Committee, TDG, Lift & Reach Truck drivers & Aerial Platform workers – all receiving specialized training. Cross-training is an integral part of our culture so we encourage all our staff to take an active part in their growth potential and learn other jobs within their value stream. So training never really stops and neither is their learning.
Our Group Health Benefit plans provide for health, dental, vision and long term disability coverage. Also included is other typical services such as chiropractic, massage & physio therapy. It’s important that we take care of our most valuable resources: Our People!