At SigmaPoint, if you want to learn, we can teach ! Our in-house training programs with our Senior Operators allows all new hires to learn at their own pace.
If you like to knit, crotchet, needlepoint, build model cars or airplanes, then maybe learning to hand solder is for you.
If you’re a gamer, you’ll make an excellent AOI Operator (Inspector)!
Do you enjoy working on your car/mechanically inclined, then operating our machines is for you! We’ll call you a SMT Operator.
Are you a person who loves to multi-task, have a great memory for numbers with a great attention to detail, then learning to work in Setup or Stores is for you!
No matter what your previous work experience has given you, chances are we have a spot for you!
If you’re willing to learn, love change and like to work with a great group of dedicated people, then send us your resume, we’d love to get to know you better!
Days: 7:00 am to 3:00 pm
Evenings: 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm
Nights: 11:00 pm to 07:00 am
(lunches & breaks are paid)
Health & Dental
Long Term Disability Benefits
Health & Safety Committee
SigmaPoint Technologies Inc. is an Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) partner focused on delivering complete end-to-end manufacturing solutions to technology companies. Our service offerings include innovative product design and engineering, test solutions, manufacturing, logistics and post-manufacturing repair/warranty services. With an impressive customer base and world-class lean manufacturing services, SigmaPoint continues to grow as leader in the EMS industry and as such, are actively looking to for a Controller/Senior Financial Analyst.
Reporting to the CFO, this is a full time permanent position based in our Cornwall office.
Responsibilities will be adjusted based on candidate’s experience. Many exciting projects are awaiting for the right candidate to be successfully executed in a team of highly competent, positive and smart people. Please apply in confidence and get ready to work in an amazing organization with a wonderful culture.
- Review financial transactions
- Oversee month end close process including journal entries and analysis
- Review various reconciliations
- Prepare month end financial statement and provide analysis for CFO review
- Perform various analysis, recurring and adhoc
- Prepare tools, data and documents required for budget process
- Monitor cash balances
- Support ERP enhancement projects
Additional responsibilities for the more experienced candidate
- Develop and calculate performance measures (KPI) to support the company’s strategic direction
- Support external auditors with audit engagement
- Supervise a group of four skilled employees (A/R, Order entry, A/P, Cost accounting)
- Assist in ERP additional modules implementation
- Automate financial reporting
- Audit and ensure the data integrity of IT systems and their output
- Review financial information of customers and recommend credit limits in conjunction with production levels and expected financial exposure
- Support CFO for upcoming additional improvement projects
- A Bachelors’ degree in accounting or business administration.
- CPA designation (or working towards) or equivalent designation/work experience will be considered.
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Detailed oriented and computer savvy
- Passionate team player how wants to make a difference
The Production Manager of New Product Introductions will lead cross functional teams in bringing concepts from Engineering to Manufacturing and ultimately the Market. Report to the Vice President, Production Manager will form core teams from various departments, confirm scope & expectations, develop plans and control through launch execution and post launch reviews. The Production Manager will develop and track Time, Cost and Quality against original agreements.
- Provide leadership and management for product development projects, directing teams and managing stakeholder expectations.
- Responsible for production execution including planning, resourcing, and delivery to schedule.
- Facilitate and manage the delivery of the production schedule.
- Promote and develop excellent project management throughout the organization
- Balance best practice with reason and technical understanding for optimal execution
- Provide regular status reports to the VP of Operations and Senior Leadership Team
- Manage multiple projects concurrently, driving risk mitigation and recovery plans
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations are met
- Determining quality control standards
- Overseeing production processes
- Re-negotiating timescales or schedules as necessary
- Liaising with buyers and marketing and sales staff
- Supervising the work of junior staff
- Organising relevant training sessions
- Human Resources Management, Performance Reviews, and provide coaching to staff when necessary
- Provide Coaching to staff via Problem solving techniques.
Requirements for Position:
- Bachelor or Technologist Electronic/Electrical Degree Required, PMP preferred, technical breadth an asset
- 2 years minimum broad professional experience
- 1 year in a cross functional project management capacity bringing new products to market, stage gate new product introduction preferable.
- Proven combination of project management skills and technology expertise.
- Demonstrated application and use of project management techniques and tools, such as SWOT analysis, Gantt Charts, and Risk Management plans.
- Positive attitude, driven, persistent, and results-oriented with the ability to influence without direct authority
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate with and present to all levels in a global organization
- Excellent conflict resolution, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project skills
The Demand Planner is responsible for providing the plant with a 6 month rolling demand plan consistent with the plant capacity and sales forecast. The sales forecasts, new business opportunities, customer expectations, and internal supply constraints will be used to develop Independent Demand Plans, by month, for a rolling 6 month period. Strong collaboration with the SAM, VSM, BD, AM and Management will be critical to meeting business goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain a rolling 6-month Independent Demand Plan for designated products. Utilize the Independent Demand Plan taking into consideration the sales forecast, historical sales, and new business opportunities. Analyze and identify risks associated with the options built into the Independent Demand Plan.
- Perform supply demand analysis each quarter, highlighting areas of concern for the next 6 months. As well as the weekly re-commit process of constraint management and supply and demand balancing.
- Project inventory levels on a quarterly and monthly basis. Achieve desired corporate inventory turn targets.
- Monitor actual output versus the Independent Demand Plan. Identify gaps and drive solutions.
- Timely reporting of key metrics.
- Develop accurate schedules that are directly reconciled with supply chain material availability.
- Simulate changes to forecast consumption parameters (e.g. forecast spread, planning BOMs and demand time fence) and drive master scheduling changes based on key exception metrics, so the most impactful changes are made first.
- Compare the current demand requirements against the previous Independent Demand Plan in order to identify the gaps. Identify resolution options that can be tested and compared to determine the best course of action.
- Perform multiple and collaborative scenario simulations to resolve imbalances between the Independent Demand Plan and current demand requirements, for example, inventory transfers, alternate sources of supply, item substitution, or expediting of orders and score cards.
- Co-ordinate and assist with Demand Intake and Demand plan Recommits to ensure optimal Supply and Demand balancing, inventory optimization OTD and OCD accuracy.
- Support the Independent Demand Plan Risk process meetings to review service levels, performance against schedule, inventory strategy, supply plan to meet demand, and resource implications. Update Master Production Plan as necessary
- Experience in the Lean electronic industry would be an asset.
- Post-Secondary degree in Business or Supply Chain (Planning)
- Ability to work independently, with proven team building and leadership skills.
- To demonstrate high-level initiative, attention to detail and accuracy.
- APICS certification would be deemed an asset
- Advanced computer skills (especially Excel & MRP). Strong report generating and data analysis skills.
- MRP and MPS experience an asset.
- Strong people skills. Ability to work well with others in a high performance team environment
- Not limited to the roles and responsibilities listed.
- Flexibility and reliability.
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous work experience in the Planning function.
Direct report to: Test Engineering Manager
The successful candidate will have a strong desire to learn and apply new concepts to real business problems effectively. Use effective communication, tact and diplomacy to facilitate the collaboration of multiple departments to achieve the objectives of two projects.
A Customer Focused Person who will be consistently engaged in seeking ways to eliminate waste, improve processes and helping us to meet our commitments.
- Collaborate with Production teams to execute capacity plans to support Production throughput.
- Support customer(s) on-site, attend meetings at their facility for training or during commissioning of new test solutions.
- Perform, document and close customers’ Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) on test solutions in coordination with Engineering and Production teams.
- Proactively communicate with internal and external customers on the status of any test obstacles being resolved, in a timely manner.
- Commission new test solutions for Production.
- Facilitate continuous improvement to improve efficiency and quality throughput.
- Collaborate with Production teams to execute capacity plans to support Production throughput.
- Escalate roadblocks and trends to the appropriate teams, manager and customer(s) for support.
- Ensure Production support activities driven by customers are aligned to Production priorities.
- Sense of urgency to perform activities and deliver on responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Cross-training to support other customers’ portfolio within the team.
- Perform debugging of complex Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCBAs) using standard troubleshooting equipment (Oscilloscope, Multimeter, Spectrum Analyzer …etc)
- Ability to read and understand datasheets, schematics, mechanical drawings and Bill of Materials (BoM) is essential.
- Take ownership of all direct and indirect process issues affecting quality of customer products.
- Perform root cause analysis into quality defect trends, design & perform experiments and action resolution directly or through escalation—in a timely manner.
- Perform root cause analysis (using fishbone or 8D frameworks) to drive resolution of product manufacturing or test platform issues.
- Manage Procedures to ensure they are up-to-date and request changes when needed or create new ones when required, towards audit compliance and as part of continuous improvement.
- Flexible to support business needs during normal office hours and after office hours as required.
- Close actions necessary to improve low test yields, repeat failures, and test issues.
- Provide day-to-day technical support on assigned test platforms to sustain 98% availability for manufacturing testing activities.
- Perform statistical analysis (Cp-cpk) on test results to establish test performance distribution.
- Development of automated scripts for light-weight automation applications.
- Proactive in mitigating sources of defects/bottlenecks in production testing by performing Preventive Maintenance of test assets, identifying and leading the resolution of root causes of defects to deliver test yields ³ 95%.
- Technical lead on New Test Introduction (NTI) process for new solutions and products, working with customers, Product Engineering, Lean team, Facilities and other departments to commission new test solutions within 3 business days.
- Identify skills/knowledge gaps and request for training.
- Perform routine calibration and preventative maintenance (PMs) on test equipment.
- Communicate ALL unplanned test solutions down-time events and recovery actions taken to Asset Management team.
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Write root cause analysis reports to facilitate continuous improvement based on ‘lessons-learnt’.
- Write formal reports to present test performance, yields and RCA to external customers.
- Perform systematic analysis of test failures and use findings to advise internal & external customer(s) of necessary recovery actions required.
- Generate documentation for New Test Introduction
- Daily update of time trackers (used to support bids).
- Attend team meetings.
- Attend daily Production huddles to gain awareness of daily Production priorities.
- Perform Production Testing activities when required to achieve global business objectives.
- A continuous learner, willing to learn other skills like software programming.
- Strong people skills. Ability to work well in a high performance, fast-paced, team environment.
- 2 years+ experience working in a technical electronics support role.
- Ability to debug products at the component level with DMM & various test tools / equipment
- Electronics Engineering Technologist or Graduate or equivalent.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel Power point (needed to generate and present reports), and Valor.
- Strong and developing report writing, data analysis and presentation skills.
- Current enrolment in an Electronic/Mechatronics Engineering program (preferably in Year 2 or 3).
- Experience and willingness to communicate information clearly (presentations or other methods)
- Special preference will be given to those who have an engineering mindset/experience.
In any two of the following areas:
- Knowledge of RF circuits.
- Knowledge of JTAG Boundary scan test development.
- In Circuit Test platform (ICT) skills will be an asset.
- Experience with Thermal test chamber operation.
- Experience with Flying Probe testing.
- Familiarity with IoT products (e.g. Arduinos, Raspberry Pi).
- CAD software.
- Software programming in C#, C++, NI TestStand, LabVIEW or Python.
SigmaPoint is a fast growing electronic contract manufacturing company meeting the demands of the high-tech original equipment manufacturing industry. We are actively looking to fill the following position: Quality Engineering Specialist Reporting to the Quality Manager, the successful candidate will be creating a culture of success by implementing the quality systems, goals & objectives and KPI’s to drive the organization to quality excellence.
The Quality Engineering Specialist will indirectly and directly support all quality teammates from a functional expertise perspective across multiple sites and locations, globally. The Quality Engineering Specialist works closely with internal and external customers of the department.
- Prepare detailed responses to customer or third party issued corrective actions. Coordinate with other departments to determine the root causes of findings as well as implementation of appropriate corrective actions.
- Track audit results and actions taken in regular basis; make follow-ups
- Coordinate with engineering, supply chain and other business areas to close internal Corrective Action (CARs) and Non-Conformance Material Reports (NCMRs) on time.
- Coordinate with engineering, supply chain and other business areas to close Assist SigmaPoint SOP owners to review, update and approve SOPs for their areas.
- Preparation of quality reports including Customer Complaints, Nonconformance Reports (NCMR’s), Return Material Authorization (RMA’s) and Corrective/Preventative Action Reports (CAR’s, PAR’s)
- Ability to build sustainable tools for KPI / metrics measurement.
- Use customer and internal metrics to create, lead, and/or implement improvements that drive customer satisfaction
- Communicate quality improvement plans and progress to internal and external customers.
- Facilitate the implementation of manufacturing process controls and variability reduction. Encourages the use of peer inspection and process controls to improve the efficiency of assembly and test functions
- Perform internal and customer quality audits to ensure compliance to customer requirements. Provides timely and accurate responses to surveys and audits.
- Conduct routine quality management tasks.
- Setup incoming inspection plans, manufacturing inspection plans and finished goods inspection plan.
- Responsible for the writing, and where applicable review of Standard Operating Procedures and other documentation required for the Quality Management System.
- Assist in auditing vendor and internal quality systems to ensure compliance with company and ISO standards. Place of work. The main office is located in Cornwall, Ontario. However, the position may require occasional travel to Kitchener, Ontario.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- University Engineering Degree in Quality, Manufacturing or equivalent
- 3 year experience in ISO9001 certified manufacturing facility.
- Excellent data analysis skills, using Excel, Minitab, SigmaXL, R, Mathlab or equivalent tools
- Advanced User of Microsoft Excel (e.g. Macros, Array formulas, pivot charts etc.)
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and have a thorough understanding of quality and improvement tools.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrate effective interpersonal skills at all levels of the customer and organization.
- A demonstrated high level of initiative, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or a permanent resident.
- Experience in using Lotus Notes a strong asset.
- Experience in an ISO13485 compliant facility an asset.
- Certification as an IPC-A-600, IPC-A-610 or IPC-A-620 CIT an asset.
- Familiarity with SixSigma / Lean Concepts a plus.
- Experience using Aegis FactoryLogix and Microsoft Dynamics 365 a plus.
• Conducts daily huddles
• Responsible and accountable for production throughput
• Responsible and accountable for visual signals
• Responsible and accountable for practicing the 5 GEMBA principles
• Actively participates in continuous improvement via KATA process
• Responsible for preparing standard work
• Responsible for on the job training of new and existing employees
• Responsible for ensuring cells are fully staffed at the start of the shift, and when there is absenteeism a replacement is found
• Responsible for sign-off and approval of time sheets and leave forms.
• Responsible for annual 360 employee reviews, focusing on employee strengths
• Responsible for organizing OT
• Promote the company values: Respect for every person, Honesty and Integrity, Commitment and Teamwork
• Experience in supervision.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated high level of initiative, attention to detail and accuracy
• Must be able to work with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Must be available for a 42.5hr workweek.
• Must be available for OT as required.
• Responsible for understanding and following ESD procedures.
• Ability to work independently, with proven team building & leadership skills.
• Professional and mature attitude.
We’re always looking for talented
people in these areas.
- Electronic Technicians/Technologists
- Project Management
- Material Control
- Production Assembly
- SMT Operators
- Hand Solderers
- Through Hole
- Information Systems
- Document Control
- Quality Assurance
- Administrative and Financial
Please send your resume to
Work-life balance is important for maintaining a productive environment. That’s why we offer confidential counseling, training programs, and various insurance options to all employees.
SigmaPoint’s Culture is at the root of our business. We are an inclusive workforce, looking for people who are passionate about what they do because work should be both rewarding and fun. The Company’s Values: Respect for Every Person, Honesty & Integrity, Teamwork & Commitment is the foundation for everything. Our diverse work force and the atmosphere of continuous improvement helps us to keep an active and engaged population of committed individuals.
Training is vital to keeping our workforce skilled and up-to-date. We start each new employee off with a 2-day orientation program, designed to help them integrate into their new work environment. The job training takes place over a 4-6 week period with the new employee being mentored through a buddy-system. We boast of three in house certified IPC-610 trainers and provide IPC-610 training to our workforce, as needed. To make sure we comply with all health & safety regulations, we do an extensive yearly training with all production & staff employees. Since we are a Lean Manufacturer, employees participate in an inactive game that explores the theory of Lean in a fun hands-on manner. We have a group of First-Aiders, Health & Safety Committee, TDG, Lift & Reach Truck drivers & Aerial Platform workers – all receiving specialized training. Cross-training is an integral part of our culture so we encourage all our staff to take an active part in their growth potential and learn other jobs within their value stream. So training never really stops and neither is their learning.
Our Group Health Benefit plans provide for health, dental, vision and long term disability coverage. Also included is other typical services such as chiropractic, massage & physio therapy. It’s important that we take care of our most valuable resources: Our People!