Description: We are looking for individuals who have a passion for continuous learning, enjoys a challenge and loves change. Experienced SMT Operators would be great too! Surface Mount Machine Operators are responsible for ensuring surface mount circuit card assemblies are manufactured in accordance with customer documentation & specifications and in compliance with workmanship standards. Current openings are on our Night Shift, Sunday to Thursday, 11:00 pm to 07:00 am Additionally, because we are governed by the Controlled Goods Act, all candidates must provide and pass a criminal record check.
- Electronic or Mechanical diploma preferred. Experience in SMT a definite asset.
- Ability to work independently, with proven team building & leadership skills. Must have a professional and mature attitude. An excellent apptitude for computers with the ability to work in fast paced, dynamic and multi-tasking environment.
- Applicants must be either a Canadian Citizen or have their Permanent Resident Card in order to comply with the Controlled Goods Program.
- SigmaPoint is an equal opportunity employer; however, only those applicants who meet our requirements will be contacted. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, SigmaPoint is pleased to accommodate individual needs of applicants with disabilities within the recruitment and selection process. Please call 613-937-4462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.
The Value Stream Account Manager (VSAM) leads the interface between the customer and various SigmaPoint (SP) functional areas. This position is responsible for leading the Customer Focus Team (CFT) and managing the day-to-day customer relationship. In essence, be the “voice of SigmaPoint” to the customer and the “voice of the customer” to SigmaPoint. • The VSAM is responsible for managing the business customer relationship portfolio. • Lead Customer Focus Team to deliver appropriate levels of customer service and satisfaction • Manage and Lead Tactical Customer Support • Manage the customer relationship
- Lead Customer Focus Team (CFT) to deliver appropriate levels of customer service and satisfaction such that members are engaged, responsible and productive to satisfy internal & external metrics
- Support the CFT in continuous improvement / lean activities and programs
- Work with team members to present issues and alternatives to the customer
- Ensure the CFT is properly interpreting and executing contractual requirements
- Manage and Lead Tactical Customer Support
- Work with CFT to provide acceptable commitments based upon customer demand and SPs capabilities
- Monitor customer’s open orders
- Coordinate, negotiate and communicate commitment dates on customer orders
- Work with CFT to hold effective Kick-offs and Manufacturing Readiness Reviews (MRR’s)
- Participate in periodic revenue reporting updates and work with finance to establish customer goals
- Coordination of periodic pricing reviews
- Ensure Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s) are implemented effectively and priced appropriately
- Escalate issues as appropriate through internal site management and corporate resources
- Maintain an awareness of the customer’s life cycle plan for assemblies and product lines
- Coordinate timely execution of legacy quotes for existing customers as required
- Submit Request for Quotation (RFQ) for legacy solutions to quoting
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction with an advocacy attitude and drive
- Facilitate and support Quarterly Business Reviews and drive to closure subsequent actions
- Coordinate customer site visits
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication, organizational and troubleshooting skills
- PMP designation is preferred or proven work experience in project management
- Create presentations, documents, etc. for management and customers to effectively communicate business problems and solutions
- Ability to learn the operating facets of the Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) industry
- A working knowledge of MRP systems is required
- Must be able to problem solve, prioritize and have the ability to multitask and continuously improve processes and capabilities.
- Exceptional computer skills, experience with Excel, Microsoft Office, Power Point.
- Attention to detail, highly organized and efficient, flexible
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
We’re always looking for talented
people in these areas.
- Electronic Technicians/Technologists
- Project Management
- Material Control
- Production Assembly
- SMT Operators
- Hand Solderers
- Through Hole
- Information Systems
- Document Control
- Quality Assurance
- Administrative and Financial
Please send your resume to
Work-life balance is important for maintaining a productive environment. That’s why we offer confidential counseling, training programs, and various insurance options to all employees.
SigmaPoint’s Culture is at the root of our business. We are an inclusive workforce, looking for people who are passionate about what they do because work should be both rewarding and fun. The Company’s Values: Respect for Every Person, Honesty & Integrity, Teamwork & Commitment is the foundation for everything. Our diverse work force and the atmosphere of continuous improvement helps us to keep an active and engaged population of committed individuals.
Training is vital to keeping our workforce skilled and up-to-date. We start each new employee off with a 2-day orientation program, designed to help them integrate into their new work environment. The job training takes place over a 4-6 week period with the new employee being mentored through a buddy-system. We boast of three in house certified IPC-610 trainers and provide IPC-610 training to our workforce, as needed. To make sure we comply with all health & safety regulations, we do an extensive yearly training with all production & staff employees. Since we are a Lean Manufacturer, employees participate in an inactive game that explores the theory of Lean in a fun hands-on manner. We have a group of First-Aiders, Health & Safety Committee, TDG, Lift & Reach Truck drivers & Aerial Platform workers – all receiving specialized training. Cross-training is an integral part of our culture so we encourage all our staff to take an active part in their growth potential and learn other jobs within their value stream. So training never really stops and neither is their learning.
Our Group Health Benefit plans provide for health, dental, vision and long term disability coverage. Also included is other typical services such as chiropractic, massage & physio therapy. It’s important that we take care of our most valuable resources: Our People!