SigmaPoint Technologies Inc. is an Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) partner focused on delivering complete end-to-end manufacturing solutions to technology companies. Our service offerings include innovative product design and engineering, test solutions, manufacturing, logistics and post-manufacturing repair/warranty services. With an impressive customer base and world-class lean manufacturing services, SigmaPoint continues to grow as leader in the EMS industry and as such, are actively looking for a Payroll & Group Benefits Administrator.
The successful candidate must have attained their designation in human resources (CHRP/CHRL) coupled with a minimum of 3 years experience working within an automated payroll, time & attendance system.
General Roles & Responsibilities:
Ensure that employees are paid accurately and on time each pay period and in accordance with Company & Governmental policies. Tasks you will be responsible for include:
- collecting and reviewing time cards
- check employee schedules to ensure accuracy
- implementing company payment policies
- addressing payroll questions and issues from employees
- processing payroll deductions
- distributing employee paychecks on payday
- updating payroll records
- group benefits administration
- payroll tax laws and regulations
- ability to work with sensitive data
- attention to detail and accuracy
- Ensure all data files are complete for transmission to ADP.
- Investigate and resolve payroll issues.
- Create and/or run reports from payroll or time and attendance system.
- Be the sole source for time and attendance system administration
- Prepare reconciliations for payroll accounts.
- Prepare ROE’s electronically as required
- Prepare and submit payroll deductions and remittances on a timely basis and ensure records are up to date.
- Ensure employee files are maintained and accurate\
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with a 3rd party provider in payroll automation, (ADP or Ceridian) and with time and attendance systems is required.
- Experience with hourly and salaried payroll.
- Accounting knowledge sufficient to perform journal entries and payroll account reconciliations.
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong computer skills particularly in the use of Excel & MS Office.
- Detail oriented and ability to work to tight timelines.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with employees at various levels of the organization.
- University Degree in Human Resources and accredited with CHRP/CHRL
- Preferences will be given to candidates that have successfully completed the Canadian Payroll Association certification
Please send your resume to:
Paula Fontaine, CHRL
Via email: email@example.com
SigmaPoint is an equal opportunity employer; however, only those applicants who meet our requirements will be contacted. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, SigmaPoint is pleased to accommodate individual needs of applicants with disabilities within the recruitment and selection process. Please call 613-937-4462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.