Reporting to the Vice President of Engineering Services, the successful candidate will use effective communication, tact and diplomacy while continuously pushing for results, improvements and efficiency. The Test Engineering Manager will facilitate and coordinate internal communication between different work centers to guarantee customer’s timeline are followed.
- Manage technician team, budget, and schedule to meet specifications and timelines.
- Lead the development of test processes related to test development.
- Lead & Develop hardware, software, test plans, and test instructions for new & existing products.
- Standardize tests and test documentation for ongoing projects, regulatory testing and internal reports.
- Develop PC based Automated Test Equipment for high volume electronic manufacturing environment.
- Develop ATE Test sequences using LabView programming environment.
- Support existing Test Platforms (HW/SW/Support).
- Will be present with potential customer to review their infrastructure on test platforms.
- Facilitate customer’s communication on the test technical aspects (Quarterly Business Review’s).
- Identify opportunities for process efficiency and quality improvements.
- Drive all stakeholders to meet deadlines and key milestones.
- Analyze failures, diagnose, and develop plans to complete products.
- Provide Test Platform troubleshooting guidance to team members.
- Evaluate and qualify test systems, documenting results.
- Organize and maintain activity / project documentation.
- Monitor assigned Test Platform production Test Yields.
- Provide technical product support to Production and Engineering personnel.
- Provide failure analysis reports in support of Test Yield Improvement Initiatives.
- Interface with internal and external functional/technical contacts.
- Train operators in the operation of test equipment.
- Post Secondary Education in Test Technologist/Electronic/Electrical Engineering.
- 3-5 years experience in the electronic field.
- Preference will be given to candidates with proven experience in people management, test development.
- Strong self motivation and goal setting with minimal input.
- Strong documenting and communications skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required and must be proficient at organizing information in spreadsheet form.
- Ability to conceptualize and understand technical reports, data, drawings, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at a time.
- Advanced skills in Excel; basic skills in other Microsoft Office programs, including e-mail and Word.
- Able to work with a high level of accuracy.
- Professional attitude and demeanor; problem-solving and prioritization skills
Interested candidates should forward both cover letter and resume to:
Paula Fontaine, CHRL
Director of Human Resources
SigmaPoint Technologies Inc.
2880 Marleau Avenue
Cornwall, Ontario K6H 6B5
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those under consideration will be contacted. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, SigmaPoint is pleased to accommodate individual needs of applicants with disabilities within the recruitment and selection process. Please call 613-937-4462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.