The Quality Manager is responsible for leading, overseeing and managing a team of highly skilled Engineers in quality, component, process and document control. Working along side these individuals, you will have a overall responsibility of how we document and control our processes to ensure both customer satisfaction and to maintain our ISO compliancy status. Reporting to the Director of Engineering Services, the successful candidate will be:
- Managing and provide leadership of the Quality organization through effective leadership, individual and group training, and process improvement.
- Manage quality system that supports a diverse mix of high-reliability products for space, military and commercial products and systems sold directly to government agencies, prime contractors, and commercial customers.
- Assess the existing quality program structure, talent and performance with the goal of prompt improvement in the production of reliable products.
- Develop, implement and monitor quality systems and procedures that ensure compliance with customer requirements while supporting targeted cost, schedule and budget.
- Facilitate the implementation of manufacturing processes controls and variability reduction. Encourages the use of peer inspection and process controls to improve the efficiency of assembly and test functions
- Preparation of quality reports including Customer Complaints, Nonconformance Reports (NCMR’s), Return Material Authorization (RMA’s) and Corrective/Preventative Action Reports (CAR’s, PAR’s)
- Assist in auditing vendor and internal quality systems to ensure compliance with company and ISO standards.
- Responsible for the writing, and where applicable review of Standard Operating Procedures and other documentation required for the Quality Management System
- Manage internal and customer quality audits to ensure compliance to customer requirements. Provides timely and accurate responses to surveys and audits.
- Provide inputs in gate reviews to ensure Design for Quality
- Negotiate with current and potential customers to establish contractual quality requirements and quality statements of work that are cost effective while ensuring product reliability.
- Ensure that manufacturing engineering, operations and the customer (design) interact sufficiently throughout the product planning and design phases to ensure a seamless transition to production.
- Will be managing a team in charge of the introduction of a new ERP (SAP) MES and PLM systems in synchronization with the integration to Katek group.
- Self driven individual with high leadership skills
- Knowledge of IPC-600 an asset
- ASQ – CQE Certified
- Background in managing ISO certification (ISO 9001, ISO14001, ISO13485)
- You will be self-motivated with proactive work ethics, and enjoy a challenging work environment.
- A degree in Manufacturing engineering or electronics. Engineering Technician /Technologist is needed.
- Ability to adapt to conflicting deadlines and priorities established by company demands
- Excellent ability to use good problem solving and project management skills to work with engineering staff to solve the wide array of technical product problems
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written, to research, prepare and present information to Management, as well as effective communication skills with co-workers, staff and customers.
- Personable with strong client facing and presentation skills, strategic thinker and deductive reasoner
- Strong aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis and the ability to link business strategy to performance
- Exceptional problem-solving skills – analytical, quantitative and conceptual
- Advanced modelling skills (Excel) and visualization skills (Tableau and/or Power BI)
- Effective organization and time management skills with ability to work under demanding environment, overtime and adhere to project deadlines
- A passion for delivering impact, demonstrated initiative taking, high energy and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
- Comfort with ambiguity
Interested candidates should forward both cover letter and resume to:
Paula Fontaine, CHRL
Director of Human Resources
SigmaPoint Technologies Inc.
2880 Marleau Avenue
Cornwall, Ontario K6H 6B5
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those under consideration will be contacted. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, SigmaPoint is pleased to accommodate individual needs of applicants with disabilities within the recruitment and selection process. Please call 613-937-4462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.