Duties and Responsibilities
The Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for leading and overseeing supplier contract negotiations, bid management of raw materials, cost reduction, and management of global strategic suppliers to support turnkey manufacturing operations.
– Negotiate optimal material through commodity management and services contracts with suppliers, including payment terms, bonding, cancellation and return privileges.
– Managing people, development plans and annual reviews KPI’s are maintained
– Quoting and sourcing – engage with the most competitive suppliers utilizing SigmaPoint terms and conditions.
– Actively pursue cost reduction programs, rebate programs and contract agreements.
– Monitor and understand market conditions and volatility and its effect on SigmaPoint ability to procure and secure inventory at the right price when required.
– Supplier Communication – maintain a mutually productive business relationship with suppliers through prompt and accurate communication.
– Supplier Management – maintain supplier relationships, compliance and performance via communication and corrective action measures.
– Maintain open lines of communication and provide regular feedback to the working relationship with key suppliers via Supplier Business Reviews (SBR).
– Minimum 5 years experience in purchasing/procurement in a manufacturing environment.
– Experience purchasing electronic components and/or procuring metalwork
– Demonstrated experience meeting customer (internal and external) objectives
– Demonstrated experience in managing people
– Demonstrated experience with the use and development of ERP systems
– Demonstrated Lean Manufacturing, Engineering, Lean Supply Chain and Customer Service experience
– Advanced knowledge and use of MS Office suite, databases and computer-based materials management tools
– High level of professional ethics and conduct
– Understanding of Lean Accounting and/or Cost Accounting principle an asset
– Strong belief in and use of partnerships in the global supply chain function
– Ability to work under pressure and manage many tasks and projects simultaneously.
– Demonstrated ability in analytical thinking and decision making
– Ability to utilize commonly accepted information systems and develop new processes to achieve continuous improvement.
– Strong understanding of product costing concepts and cost management skills
– APICS or related certification in Business or Management
Interested candidates should forward both cover letter and resume to:
Paula Fontaine, CHRL
Director of Human Resources
SigmaPoint Technologies Inc.
2880 Marleau Avenue
Cornwall, Ontario K6H 6B5
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those under consideration will be contacted. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, SigmaPoint is pleased to accommodate individual needs of applicants with disabilities within the recruitment and selection process. Please call 613-937-4462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.